Quality Assurance & Improvement
At Abilities First, we take our responsibility to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations very seriously. Beyond compliance, our Quality Assurance and Improvement Department regularly interacts with each department and program site to offer recommendations for enhancing what we do and how we do it. This is accomplished through training, analysis of data trends, review and policies and procedures, and enhancement of operational systems.
For additional information about Corporate Compliance and Assurance, call Shawn Carlson, Director of Quality Assurance at (845) 485-9803 ext. 353.
The Abilities First Quality Assurance Team is a support service to the agency that assists the organization in complying with the regulatory requirements set forth by our State Oversight Agencies. Abilities First provides services to people under the auspices of the Office of People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD).
The mission of the Abilities First Quality Assurance team is to teach, assist, and support both the individuals that we support, as well as the staff. This is done by providing: Training for everyone!
- Advice and counsel on the Federal, State, and local regulations that our State Oversight Partners have implemented.
- Navigation of the Incident Reporting and Justice Center Regulations
- Completing internal reviews of the Program that Abilities First Provides
- Assisting with CQL activities and data analysis
- Trend Analysis of incidents
The Quality Assurance Team is here and ready to assist you at any time, please feel free to contact us:
- By Phone: 845-485-9803 ext. 353
- By Email (General Questions): email@example.com
By Email (Incident Questions): firstname.lastname@example.org
Abilities First is committed to being a good corporate citizen of our community, state, and nation. The commitment begins with our Board of Directors, flows through our executive management team, and every member of Abilities First.
At Abilities First, we maintain an extensive Corporate Compliance Program that uses the Corporate Compliance Plan as the foundation, policies and procedures that explain what is required of all members of Abilities First Inc., best practice, and compliance with all laws and regulations that have been implemented by our oversight agencies on the Federal, State, and local levels.
It is the responsibility of every board member, employee, volunteer, and vendor to adhere to the laws, regulations, and Abilities First Code of Ethical and Legal Behavior. Being a good Corporate Citizen is everyone’s responsibility!
Please see below for the following documents that will add you in understanding of Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Compliance Plan [Download PDF]
- Code of Legal and Ethical Behavior [Download PDF]
- Reporting Noncompliance Concerns and Non-Retaliation Policy [Download PDF]
- Non Intimidation Policy [Download PDF]
Provider Profiles and Performance Reports from the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities’s (OPWDD) Division of Quality Improvement (DQI) can be found here.