At Abilities First, we firmly believe that people are not merely defined by what they do, but by the satisfaction they derive from being a part of something important. We strive to provide the highest quality services to the individuals we serve and we believe that our employees gain a sense of pride and accomplishment as they witness the achievements of each participant and know that they are a part of this success. We seek employees who value teamwork, honesty and open communication and who are committed to working safely and ethically. Twenty-five percent of our employees have been with us for over 10 years exploring various career paths within the organization or have been promoted within.
Benefits and Employee Perks
Regular full time employees (30 hours or more) receive the following paid time off benefits:
- Four weeks paid vacation *
- Paid sick time * (varies per year depending on length of service)
- 11 paid holidays per calendar year *
- Paid personal time (1 –5 days per year depending on length of service)
* School staff follow school calendar/time off varies per calendar.
Regular full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible to participate in the following health insurance options: MVP – HMO (with prescription coverage), EmblemHealth – HMO (with prescription coverage), Delta Dental and Blue View Vision Plan.
In addition, regular part time and full time employees can participate/receive the following:
- Additional health and wellness benefits including Upstate Concierge – Telemedicine, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Sick Bank, AFLAC Supplemental Insurance, Short-term disability insurance, Employer paid life insurance
- Continuing education benefits such as employment specific trainings, tuition reimbursement and a Marist College tuition discount
- Staff recognition awards/appreciation days as well as bonuses for longevity, attendance, and employee referrals
- 401(k) or 403(b) retirement savings plans with employer match
- Discounts with local services and businesses such as Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Royal Carting and more!
- Regular part time staff scheduled 25 – 29.9 hours receives prorated benefits!
- Benefits subject to change per Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or as dictated by Product Providers
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Abilities First, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Abilities First, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Together we can make great strides in assisting our neighbors with developmental disabilities achieve independence and integration.
For additional information, contact Human Resources at 845-485-9803 ext. 389.